Here’s an update on some of the traffic issues affecting Lakeview residents:
- The city has confirmed that 2 permanent Engine Brake Prohibited signs will be posted on Glenmore Trail SW between 37 St SW and Crowchild Trail SW. These signs will allow the Calgary Police Service to enforce this prohibition with fines. They should be in place by end of May.
- The construction of the missing sound wall behind the Boardwalk Apartments/Lakeview Baptist Church will start in May and be completed in July. On completion, Lakeview will have a continuous sound wall along Glenmore Trail from 37 St SW bridge to Crowchild Trail SW bridge. No improvements will be made to the existing sound wall at this time.
- The city has committed to a Glenmore Trail Noise Study for Lakeview with the completion of the Southwest Ring Road construction. This is scheduled for summer of 2022.
- The first step in the upgrade of the intersection of 37 St SW and 66 Ave SW is for the city to conduct a traffic count of vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists. This is scheduled for May/June 2021.
- Effective May 31, 2021, the city has lowered residential speed limits to 40km/h from the current speed of 50km/h. The roads that are not affected by this change and will remain at 50km/h are 37 St, 66 Ave, 63 Ave, 58 Ave, Lakeview Drive and Crowchild Trail as these roads are designated as collector roads by the city. Playground zones still remain in effect at 30 km/h, 7 days a week between 7:30-21:00 regardless of the new speed limits (see Ward11-map).
If you have any Lakeview traffic questions or concerns, please email [email protected].